Competition announcement among AzETA Branches
AzETA is growing day by day. Now it unites more than 15% of English teachers of Azerbaijan, i.e. there are more than 1,200 AzETA members. As such, AzETA continues to serve its members better. With that intention, AzETA establishes branches in different regions of Azerbaycan with the request of the teachers from the regions. However, as AzETA is a volunteer organisation, more branches mean more work. How can we guarantee professionalism and quality service to our members? How can we guarantee high quality work of our branches?
At the 7th AzETA International ELT Conference AzETA Executive Director Ragsana Mammadova had a meeting with the Managers of the AzETA Branches, as well as, AzETA activists from non-branch regions. At the meeting, she initiated to launch a competition among AzETA branches to encourage the members to be actively involved in the branch activities. As such, the competition was announced on 1 December 2011 and ended on 31 March 2011. The branches participated very actively in the competition.
On 1 May 2011 Selection Committee consisting of Executive Director of AzETA Ragsana Mammadova, AzETA President Hijran Huseynova and the Co-ordinator of the AzETA Branches Gamar Rustamova worked hard to select the winner. It was really a real challenge to make a fair decision as 2 branches – Barda and Sheki Branches had almost the same points. But the Selection Committee awarded Sheki Branch as from its establishment, Sheki Branch always demonstrated development through increasing its members, quality of its activities, as well as, presenting the Branch in large-scale AzETA events with the highest number of member participation. As such, Sheki Branch Manager Afer Mammadova was awarded to attend Pilgrims teacher training course in Canterbury, Kent, UK on 3 – 16 July 2011.
As the competition increased the work of the branches, AzETA decided to hold competitions every year. As such, a new competition is announced from 1 June 2011 until 31 March 2012. The most active member from the branch that will meet the criteria will be sent to an international event outside Azerbaijan in the summer of 2012. AzETA will find funding for that member. Below are the selection criteria:
1. The branch with the highest number of membership
2. a branch which organises different activities, including, but not limited to, workshops, teacher training, conversation classes, celebrations, discussions, meeti...ngs, etc. (this should be prepared in a form of a newsletter where photos also need to be included for each event, activity)
3. The branch that sends more members to AzETA Regional Conference
4. The branch that sends the Action Plan for 2011 to the Branch Managers' Co-ordinator (i.e. Gamar Rustamova). Then we will share this Action Plan with other branches so that the other branches take part in their events wherever possible
5. The branch that keeps in touch with other branches and sends representatives to their events (brief information and photos will be required on each event)
6. The branch that promotes AzETA in their region more (brief information and photos will be required for each event)
7. The branch that regularly makes comment on AzETA Facebook (only professional comments related to ELT)
8. The branch that will provide an article, or articles for the AzETA News Bulletin will have 1 point extra. (2 articles mean 2 points, etc.)
9. The branch that sends the Activity Report for 2010 by mid-January 2011.
The competition will end up on 31 March 2012. The results will be announced on 1 May 2012. By 1 April, the branches will nominate one member who has been very active in the branch activities providing any kinds of support, as well as, promoting AzETA and the Branch among his/her peers at workplace. This member will be nominated by the Branch Management Team and voted for or against by the members of the Branch.
Best of luck.
- ► 2012 (69)
- SUE Final VC on June 14th 2011
- How to Know When to Use Subject or Object Pronouns...
- SUE Final VC on June 14th 2011
- OUR LITTLE ENGLISH - OLE club: OLE project
- OUR LITTLE ENGLISH - OLE club: Heartful words from...
- ELEKTRON TƏHSİL MÜSABİQƏSİNİN QALİBLƏRİ MÜƏYYƏN OL...
- İyunun 16-da Təhsil Nazirliyində «İngilis dilinin...
- OUR LITTLE ENGLISH - OLE club: Правила чтения в ан...
- ENGLISH WITH PLEASURE: The Global Motherland parti...
- 2 May 2011 ci il Ismayilli şəhər İ.Həsənov adına 1...
- Ali Novruzov - Eldar and Nigar at Eurovision 2011
- The best Competition!
- AZERBAYCAN'IN VE AZERİ KARDEŞLERİMİZİN "MİLLİ KU...
- 4 iyun AzETA EGP Forum,Bakı,Xəzər Universiteti
- 2 Iyun 2011-ci il Ismayıllı İREX İcma Məlum...
- 25-30 Aprel 2011-ci il tarixlərində Türkiyənin İ...
- ▼ июня (28)